- This event has passed.
Aging institute Geriatric Resource Nurse Training: Assessment of the Older Adult
March 15, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Knowing the differences between normal and abnormal aging changes is critically important for nurses to understand in caring for older adults. In addition, nurses need a working knowledge of the potentially inappropriate medications seniors are so often prescribed, physical, psychological and psychosocial assessment skills and common geriatric syndromes. Having this information can mean the difference between a senior going home after discharge to a delayed hospital stay or placement in a long-termcare facility. This conference will focus on older adult assessment and practical interventions to improve patient outcomes along the continuum. Following the conference, for no additional charge, nurses will be able to sit for an exam on all sections of learning. Upon passing the exam, the participant will be issued a certificate from the Aging Institute designating them as a Geriatric Resource Nurse.
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
300 Halket Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
• Register online at classes.upmc.com.
Sponsoring Hospital/Group: Aging Institute
• UPMC Employees: $35.00 No refunds, but substitutions are acceptable.
• Non UPMC Employees: $45.00 No refunds, but substitutions are acceptable.
– Conference cost includes lunch.
– Parking is free. Details will be provided with registration.
– CE’s available: RN, Social Worker, General Certificate