- This event has passed.
Aging Institute Geriatric Nurse Aide Certificate: Specialized Care of the Older Adult
August 23, 2016 @ 8:15 am - 4:30 pm
Older adults require a special kind of care, provided by professional caregivers with an understanding of the normal and abnormal aging changes in:
• sensory and function
• common mental health issues
• how aging affects the 12 bodily systems
Nursing assistants and patient care technicians spend the most time with older adults in the majority of healthcare settings and need to have a firm knowledge base in common geriatric syndromes. This conference will provide practical interventions resulting in changes of care delivery at the bedside.
Following the conference, for no additional charge, nursing assistants and patient care technicians can sit for an exam covering course content. Upon passing the exam, the participant will be issued a certificate from the Aging Institute designating them as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant or Geriatric Patient
DATES AND LOCATIONS
8/23/16 – UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing
5900 Baum Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
11/1/16 – UPMC East
2775 Mosside Boulevard, Monroeville, PA 15146
• Register online at classes.upmc.com.
Sponsoring Hospital/Group: Aging Institute
• UPMC Employees: $25. No refunds, but substitutions are acceptable.
• Non UPMC Employees: $30. No refunds, but substitutions are acceptable.
– Conference cost includes lunch.
– Parking is free. Details will be provided with registration.