The Education and Information Core
The goals of the Education and Information Core are divided into four components:
- Recruitment and retention of subjects:
- To increase recruitment and retention of subjects in the Clinical Core through the education of AD patients, their families and the general public regarding the goals and benefits of research.
- To provide outreach education to minority and rural communities with the aim of increased participation in research studies and as healthy participants.
- To provide information and training to minority service agencies.
- To heighten awareness of AD and other dementing disorders in the general public.
- To disseminate information about AD and ADC activities to AD researchers, AD patients and their families, ADC's, the scientific community at large and the general public.
- Professional Staff Training:
- To train health professionals such as physicians, medical students, nurses, social workers, Pre/Post doctoral fellows in the field of geriatrics and AD.
- To establish and maintain links with health care practitioners, agencies, and other ADC's in order to exchange clinical and research knowledge about AD.
- To systematically evaluate all programs associated with this Core.
|Jennifer Lingler, PhD, CRNP
|Nicole Fowler, Ph.D, MHSA
|MaryAnn Oakley, MA
|Marita Garrett, BS